ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (92/300) > >>

Deozaan:
I'm not sure what's worse. The fact that I just can't brain the idea that the creator(s) didn't know just how utterly horrid that video/song is, or the fact that I've really had to restrain myself from watching it again to make sure it really was as bad as I remember it being.

Why!? :'(

Oh, and for the lulz:Gnesa's Wilder is still a better love story than Twilight. 8)

tomos:
Gnesa's Wilder is still a better love story than Twilight. Cool-Deozaan (October 20, 2012, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

you mean you listened to the words :tellme:

(I did go back for a second listen, but I haven't heard the whole video ...)

Deozaan:
you mean you listened to the words :tellme:-tomos (October 20, 2012, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

LALALALALALALA I'M NOT LISTENING!

Or am I? :huh:

Renegade:
Just saw a video that I rather liked:

Not the normal typical style that I listen to, but a good watch & listen.

40hz:
Here's an interesting one from both a musical and a historical perspective.

Back in the early 70s, the ABC network hosted a marvelous concert as part of their "Wide World (fill in the blank)" network brand. In this particular instance it was the Wide World in Concert series, and the performance was Cat Stevens and his 1973 Moon and Star concert.

I find it interesting to compare and contrast the young Cat Stevens (as self-confessed seeker of truth) with his current incarnation as Yusuf Islam, a devout convert to Islam who now knows The Truth with absolute certitude.

Interesting...and saddening. But so it goes.

So here's Cat (not Yusuf) performing the full Foreigner Suite, which was the finale of the Moon and Star concert. Listen to the words and see the sheer joy that permeates the song. Then think of the altogether too serious and humorless older man this same musician/songwriter has become since he's...well...just listen.

------------

Note: the audio quality leaves a lot to be desired since it's dubbed off analog video and suffers from the limitations of 70s era recording technology. Not that it really matters. Cat Stevens packs more musical inventiveness and creativity into the seventeen and a half minutes of "Foreigner" than most songwriters generate in their entire career.

This is a performance that hits one of those elusive moments every musician dreams of. The moment where it all just comes together - and a song gets absolutely nailed. Pay special attention to his backup singers. They are stellar - and for some odd reason come through the otherwise muddy sound with remarkable purity. Probably one of the finest live performances ever recorded.

For the best experience (and that authentic 70s "concert sound" ) crank it up! That's how most music was performed back then. Loudly!
 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version