ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (84/300) > >>

superboyac:
OPUM-CONDOM-SAH!!
-superboyac (August 24, 2012, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

??? Don't get it...  :huh:
-Renegade (August 24, 2012, 10:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
Go to 3:48 of the video.  I see...it's not condom-sah...it's gangnam-style!

I'd love if you can kind of describe what gangnam is like.

Edvard:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2012/08/gangnam-style-viral-sensation-spawns-parodies-potential-bieber-collab.html
According to PSY himself, the phrase repeated throughout the video, "Oppa n Gangnam Style,” roughly translated into English means "Girls, your big brother is Gangnam Style."

In an interview with ABC news, PSY explains that "Gangnam Style" refers to a luxurious lifestyle associated with Seoul’s trendy and affluent Gangnam district.

“Gangnam means, it's like Beverly Hills of Korea," he says. "But the guy doesn't look like Beverly Hills. Dance doesn't look like Beverly Hills. ... And the situation in music video doesn't look like Beverly Hills. But he keeps saying I'm Beverly Hills style. So that's the point. It's sort of a twist."
--- End quote ---

In case you wondered what the heck he was singing about:
http://www.kpoplyrics.net/psy-gangnam-style-lyrics-english-romanized.html

... and the inevitable female singer version:

WHY THE HELL AM I POSTING ABOUT THIS?!?!?!? >_<

mouser:
One of the greats, performing one of the greats.  Folks, they don't make 'em like this no more.  Janis Joplin, performing "Summertime" live (circa 1969):

from http://www.cynical-c.com/2012/09/06/janis-joplin-summertime-live-grona-lund-1969-2/

Here's one I like better, "Cry Baby":

Giampy:
This is from the movie "Deep Red" also known as "The Hatchet Murders":

40hz:
As some of you may know from a previous post in this thread, I'm into the whole cigarbox guitar and homemade musical instrument thing. Over on Cigar Box Nation, the big hangout for CBG enthusiasts, there's a video section where the members can share what they've been up to. It's a pretty mixed bag that spans the gamut from absolute amateur to serious professional. Which is fine because Cigar Box Nation is much like DoCo in that it welcomes people of all levels of interest and ability. The important thing is not so much how well you do it as it is that you do it. And most importantly, have fun while doing so.

One of the people on CBN I've been following is a busker from the UK. She's an instrument builder and songwriter as well. This one is definitely what I'd characterize as professional. She goes by the name Bemuzic and can be found over at the Bandcamp website. Here page is here.

Recommend some music videos to me!

She recently posted a short street performance of her song The Line which I really liked. She's playing a 3-string CBG-type instrument called a "Fiddlestick," which was built by another CBN member who goes by the name of Diglydog.

Here's the video:

It's refreshing (to me at any rate) that there are real indy musicians out there, performing their music, and polishing their craft. I'm also glad there are things like Cigar Box Nation, Bandcamp, and Youtube that allow them to get their music out there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version