ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (66/300) > >>

app103:
World Science Festival 2009: Notes & Neurons

Is our response to music hard-wired or culturally determined? Is the reaction to rhythm and melody universal or influenced by environment? Join host John Schaefer, scientist Daniel Levitin and musical artist Bobby McFerrin for live performances and cross cultural demonstrations to illustrate musics note-worthy interaction with the brain and our emotions.
--- End quote ---

Part 1

Full playlist here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5BD17DD8540C180B

Edvard:
Jon Gomm:

BTW - his music is "pay what you want".

superboyac:
Bobby McFerrin is great.  Nice clip, app.

40hz:
Actually, I'm surprised I didn't do a shout out for cellist Caroline Lavelle when I did Loreena McKennett above.

Recommend some music videos to me!

Caroline is one of those musicians who provides the whole package - in this case the dreamy, romantic, elegant cellist. She's got 'the look', the voice, and can she ever play the cello.

This from her appearance at the TED talks performing Farther Than the Sun.

And for fans of celtic inspired pop No More Words - The Trees They Do Grow High

Bunches more up on YouTube. And her website can be found here. :Thmbsup:

40hz:
Hmm..traditional step and hip-hop moves with world-beat fiddle playing?

Too soon to tell if it's really going to go anywhere. But it looks promising . And it's a cute performer, and a cute little video, either way.

So what's not to like?  :)

And now, without further ado...Ms. Lindsey Stirling:

Oh yeah...camera sweeps, anime haircut, and punk wardrobe aside, she can (and does) do all that 'stuff' live in case you're wondering. Plays violin too!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version