ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (50/300) > >>

f0dder:
that I lived on the moon video has been posted before in this thread, but it's worth another post -- very very moving.-mouser (April 08, 2011, 05:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
Moving, beautifully done, great visual style. Definitely worth watching again! :-*

Edvard:
great stuff :)
especially enjoying the "trance music on a guitar" (Ewan Dobson) :up:
-tomos (April 08, 2011, 04:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 on Dobson.  Especially that first song. His time is so dead-on it's almost unreal. You could calibrate a metronome off his beat it's so precise. Amazing! Love to play a 'long set' with that guy someday.  :)
-40hz (April 08, 2011, 06:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Look up the "Time 2 Techno Remix" at Grooveshark (the only place I've found it), it's like they didn't even have to adjust the bpm on the drum machine.
(Techno's not my thing, but the piece kinda lends itself, noam sayin'?)

(Are those military and Ninja costumes in reference to the Vietnam War? Or Free Tibet...or a MMORPG character...or something? Anybody know whats up with that?)

--- End quote ---

Somebody in one of the Youtube comments made a disparaging remark about his "Raiden costume", whatever that means...
Maybe this?

Either way, if anybody's interested, he's got some free(!) downloads at his page:
http://www.ewandobson.com
Just hit the 'Download' tab.  :Thmbsup:

Edvard:

Oh dear, I think I just dropped something...
Oh yes, there it is...

Now, what was I watching?

Ben Konstantinovic - The Journey

Yes, that's it... Aw hell, I've dropped it again...

tomos:
...and this one with Grace Potter, Joe Satriani, Steve Kimock, Reed Mathis, Willy Waldman and Stephen Perkins, where they cover Neil Young's Cortez the Killer, is fantastic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paeNnR33i5Q
-Dirhael (April 08, 2011, 03:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
+1  
Initially I found Satriani's guitar sound too clean (for the song that's in it) but he is really good, and I just love the trumpet, it makes it I think - and naturally the singing, and, and... :)

One of my favorites, Kwoon - I lived on the moon
-Dirhael (April 08, 2011, 05:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
if you're up to a 10 min track that only starts to warm up at the 3 min mark, I like this one by them - Kwoon - Ayron Norya

edit/ added link

JavaJones:
Wow, awesome stuff from Mr. Konstantinovic. As I said above I used to "play" guitar similarly to this (much the same way people, including myself, randomly fiddle around on pianos and other instruments), but I had no idea it was considered a legitimate technique and could be taken to such an amazing level. Just goes to show there's no "wrong" way to play anything, as long as it sounds good!

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version