ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (47/300) > >>

app103:
Going from 3 strings, to 14...

two-handed tapping technique on a 14 string double-neck Tapatar guitar:

My dad, the jazz nut, doesn't really care for Flint Blade, but I do. I think I enjoy watching him almost as much as listening. He has more videos uploaded, so if you like this one, check out some of his others.

40hz:
@April - Cool find.

Wow! a Tapatar. 'Big cousin' to the Chapman Stick and among the rarest of rare bird (as in weird) instruments... you're the only person I know (other than me) who ever heard of it. Zither meets clavichord in a portable form factor.  Even the Wikipedia doesn't have an entry for that puppy. Not even sure if it shows up on Google yet. (It didn't used to.) ;D

Didn't know about this Flint Blade however. The only Tapatar player I'm familiar with is a gent by the name of Michael Bianco. There's a video of him here playing something a little more up my alley than most stuff that gets performed on stick-type 'tap' instruments.

8) :Thmbsup:

Edvard:
This guy changed my mind about Chapman Stick.
Never was really impressed until I heard this.
Turns my crank and chills me out at the same time:

app103:
Didn't know about this Flint Blade however. The only Tapatar player I'm familiar with is a gent by the name of Michael Bianco. There's a video of him here playing something a little more up my alley than most stuff that gets performed on stick-type 'tap' instruments.
-40hz (April 07, 2011, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

From what I understand, Michael Bianco designed the Tapatar...and Flint Blade was one of his students.

Edvard:
And while everybody's in an acoustic mood, here's a guy who changed my mind on neo-classical fingerpicking...
Ewan Dobson

Time 2 - Did he just play trance music on a guitar?

Korobeiniki - AKA the Tetris song.

Wash Away - Reminds me of summertime on some island somewhere oh so much nicer than here...

(and no, I don't know what's going on with the crazy costumes... :huh: )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version