ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (191/300) > >>

40hz:
@SB - I'm not quite as over the top about it as Stephen Fry is, although I suspect his tongue is very firmly planted it his cheek for most of it.

But I do not like to dance even though it runs in the family on both sides. My dad was an excellent dancer as was my mother. My two sisters are phenomenal dancers. I have a cousin who danced ballet professionally with the Joffrey and the ABT ballet companies among others. She and her husband (also a dancer) taught ballet out of her own private school for several years after she retired from performing. And my youngest niece is enrolled in a very serious dance program at the ripe old age of six. She just did her first Nutcracker performance (taking on two minor roles) last holiday season. And she wants to do it professionally as well. If so, she's definitely born into the right family. She'll get all the support and encouragement she needs if she pursues it.

Oh...and my GF absolutely loves to dance. Something she does extremely well too. That fact that I do what little dancing I do (mostly slow waltzes) is purely to please her. Fortunately there are always enough guys who do want to dance with her that I can usually sit back a weddings or other occasions and seem quite generous whenever someone asks "Do you mind?" ... to which I always reply: "Why not ask her if it's ok with her rather than me?"

Also, unlike Mr. Frye, I do like watching good dance performance: Ballet, modern, Broadway-type musical dance numbers, Balinese temple dance, hula, some avant-garde and/or experimental (such as MOMIX or Pilobolus), Irish and contemporary Acadian step-dancing (similar in many ways to the better known Irish variety but looser, sexier and not as stiff - see some glimpses of it here - watch the beginning and then fast-forward to about the 5:40 mark), and pretty much anything else that shows talent and looks good.

It's been said you can't be a great spiritual leader if you don't dance...

I guess I'm not a great spiritual leader. But I'm good with that. :Thmbsup: ;D

superboyac:
@SB - I'm not quite as over the top about it as Stephen Fry is, although I suspect his tongue is very firmly planted it his cheek for most of it.

But I do not like to dance even though it runs in the family on both sides. My dad was an excellent dancer as was my mother. My two sisters are phenomenal dancers. I have a cousin who danced ballet professionally with the Joffrey and the ABT ballet companies among others. She and her husband (also a dancer) taught ballet out of her own private school for several years after she retired from performing. And my youngest niece is enrolled in a very serious dance program at the ripe old age of six. She just did her first Nutcracker performance (taking on two minor roles) last holiday season. And she wants to do it professionally as well. If so, she's definitely born into the right family. She'll get all the support and encouragement she needs if she pursues it.

Oh...and my GF absolutely loves to dance. Something she does extremely well too. That fact that I do what little dancing I do (mostly slow waltzes) is purely to please her. Fortunately there are always enough guys who do want to dance with her that I can usually sit back a weddings or other occasions and seem quite generous whenever someone asks "Do you mind?" ... to which I always reply: "Why not ask her if it's ok with her rather than me?"

Also, unlike Mr. Frye, I do like watching good dance performance: Ballet, modern, Broadway-type musical dance numbers, Balinese temple dance, hula, some avant-garde and/or experimental (such as MOMIX or Pilobolus), Irish and contemporary Acadian step-dancing (similar in many ways to the better known Irish variety but looser, sexier and not as stiff - see some glimpses of it here - watch the beginning and then fast-forward to about the 5:40 mark), and pretty much anything else that shows talent and looks good.

It's been said you can't be a great spiritual leader if you don't dance...

I guess I'm not a great spiritual leader. But I'm good with that. :Thmbsup: ;D
-40hz (February 04, 2015, 08:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
For someone who doesn't dance, you sure are surrounded by it! 
I personally like dancing, I just suck.  I used to be quite good at it, even traditional type stuff...but I had a late, extreme growth spurt, and the lankiness was difficult to deal with.  I'm athletic and coordinate, I just didn't care after that.  One day, i might get back into.  Can't be good at everything!!  Wait...i totally forgot...I did do about a year of ballet 2 years ago!  It was fun and actually very freaking hard...I think all the girls in there were stronger than me.  But the few times I got in the groove a bit, it felt like dribbling/footwork of basketball.

Ok...now I have to look up like 7 things from your post.  Coffee is brewing...

Deozaan:
How about some Caro Emerald?

She's got an interesting mix of 20s-40s swing, jazz, and big band(?), along with some modern elements. I'm personally not a fan of swing, and I especially don't care much for jazz, but I really like this stuff:

40hz:
@Deo - like it even if it drifts dangerously close to hip-hop in places. She reminds me a little bit of Blossom Dearie with her vocal styling. Be fun to hear her with a real big band.  :Thmbsup:

40hz:
-superboyac (February 04, 2015, 11:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
For someone who doesn't dance, you sure are surrounded by it!
[/quote]

It is my lot in life to be surrounded by people who are much smarter and far more creative and talented than I am. Which is great. Because this way there's always somebody interesting to watch, talk to, or learn something from. ;D :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version