ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (16/300) > >>

p3lb0x:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1v3wZ1ZTiM&feature=PlayList&p=3B5F0CC93ECF4732&index=0&playnext=1

The soundtrack from Total Annihilation

city_zen:
City_zen, that was an EXCELLENT post... thank you muchly for all the info and effort you put in to assembling it. Has given me a focus for this evening thanks.
-tsaint (December 13, 2008, 12:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Glad you liked it!  :)

tomos:
still catching up ;)
Dead Can Dance - Rakim (see attachment in previous post)Pretty great stuff :)
-f0dder (December 10, 2008, 05:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks f0dder - listened to a bunch of their stuff, great !

40hz - you'll be alienating any techno fans out there LOL - not that they shouldnt enjoy (especially) Gary Numan
hadnt heard "Down in the Park" good one - that got me listening to Marylin Manson who did a cover of it :D

here's my favourite Gary Numan track Are friends electric

40hz:

40hz - you'll be alienating any techno fans out there LOL - not that they shouldnt enjoy (especially) Gary Numan
hadnt heard "Down in the Park" good one - that got me listening to Marylin Manson who did a cover of it :D

here's my favourite Gary Numan track Are friends electric

-tomos (December 15, 2008, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is it possible to alienate a techno fan? Isn't alienation part of what it's all about? ;D

Actually, I wanted to put up something off Michael Hoenig's Departure from the Northern Wasteland but there doesn't seem to be anything up on YouTube. You can listen to some samples here however:

http://www.amazon.com/Departure-Northern-Wasteland-Michael-Hoenig/dp/B0000018X3

Thanks for that bit of news about Down in the Park. I didn't know Marylin Manson did a cover of a Neuman song. But I suppose that's to be expected. I'm afraid of Marylin Manson.  ;D

BTW: Isn't/wasn't he married to Ditta van Tease, or someone of like ilk?

city_zen:
Here I go again, with yet some more music from my corner of the world (and you thought it was over already ...  :P)

But this time it's a VERY different kind of music. Forget Tango, forget Folk music. This is Juana Molina (who?????  :huh:)
She's a difficult artist to classify. See what a review of one of her albums at the No Ripcord website says about her:

Juana Molina is hard to put into English terms. Maybe if Elvis Costello's daughter had grown up in exile learning music from Fergal Sharkey and Billy Bragg, been a bit-part musician round London in her teenage years, taken to being a bit-part actress in TV comedies to finance guitar lessons, and then almost accidentally become a kind of young Latin American Tracy Ullman, only then to return to music and start recording the kind of aural balm you'd expect from Mira Calix or Múm, then you'd perhaps be getting there. As it is, and as you'll read elsewhere on this site, JM is uniquely Argentine, while producing beautiful, soothing melodies that cross borders like nomads.
--- End quote ---

You can read the rest of the review here

Video clips from her are not too numerous, but I found this on YouTube:

Juana Molina - No es tan cierto (Not so true)

This is her website: www.juanamolina.com , where you can listen to (and download!) 8 tracks from three different albums

She's sometimes also compared with Bjork, though she sounds more like Portishead to me (that may be due to my total lack of musical ear, though  :D). Anyway, listen to her and decide for yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version