ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (263/300) > >>

IainB:
@ConstanceJill:
So... I suppose Anime Music Videos are OK too ? :]
Here's one with a song from Within Temptation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61qXcPjs5So
-ConstanceJill (June 03, 2017, 05:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for posting about that. I have to admit that I didn't like that track when I listened to it the first time, but on second hearing - and with a decent set of headphones - I liked it a lot, though it needed to be turned up to listen to and was a tad painful on the ears (too noisy). In that regard, it was a bit like Motörhead ♠ Killed By Death ♠ - where they made one of the earliest "bad taste" music videos that I have come across (there are a lot). Apparently, listening to Motörhead is the greatest cause of premature deafness in the Western world.    ;)

But your post got me thinking about some of the rather good music that has come out of animated videos, and one of my favourites - an opening song to The Ghost In The Shell came to mind - Kenji Kawai - Ghost City (Chant II - Ghost In The Shell movie), which track is about 3½ min. long, with some some techno music accompaniment, and it sounds very nice, though the chant is - relative to the accompaniment - rather shrill and noisy.

For contrast, here is the song being performed live (at about the 3-minute mark) in Ghost In The Shell - Kenji Kawai Opening Theme | Tokyo premiere (2017) (and watch the crazy drummer up top).

Here it is in full - approx. 18 ½ min. - with full orchestra and choir:    :o
Kenji Kawai - Cinema Symphony - Ghost In The Shell OST (from around 2011).

IainB:
@mouser:
How do you not smile watching this:
Real 1950s Rock & Roll, Rockabilly dance from lindy hop !
-mouser (May 30, 2017, 10:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I don't know about "smile", but I found it a pretty impressive demo by professional dancers to some of the good old music of the day.
Coincidentally, my 15½ y/o daughter was today asking me what The Loco-motion was, and I said I thought it was a song and a dance - like The Twist, but maybe a line dance.
So I searched up and found this more modern video clip of people line-dancing to Little Eva's singing The Loco-motion:
Dance Party LocoMotion by Little Eva! American TV Soul Anthem Music Video! (2012)

And this (great) video of Little Eva - Loco-motion(1962) (fantastic voice).

And this group of apparently "real"/amateur dancers (as opposed to professional performers) doing what looks like jive to: Little Eva - The Loco-Motion (1962)

Then I found this 2012 video clip from Kylie Minogue - The Locomotion [Live on Dancing With The Stars 11-13-12], where, sadly, the singer's seemingly feeble/weak voice and limited range (I think she may have been ill) really couldn't seem to do the song proper justice, and the stilted dancing of the dancers seemed embarrassing.

Yet another reminder that it tends to be hard to improve on - let alone match - some of those original early dance-song hits.

IainB:
Some beautiful music and lyrics from a surrealistic and somewhat gruesome Japanese manga and anime series: Elfenlied - Lilium (Full ver.) HD
(Orchestral backing.)
The lyrics are in Latin:
SpoilerUploaded on 20 Nov 2010
Elfenlied - Lilium (Full ver.) HD

~ Lyrics by diorisjavier - thanks :D ! ~

Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam,
Et lingua eius loquetur indicium.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem,
Quoniqm cum probates fuerit accipient coronam vitae.
Kyrie, fons bonitatis.
Kyrie, ignis divine, eleison.

O quam sancta, quam serena,
Quam benigma, quam amoena esse Virgo creditur.
Quam benigma, quam amoena,
O castitatis lilium.

[Instrumental]
Kyrie, fons bonitatis.
Kyrie, ignis divine, eleison.
Quam benigma, quam amoena,
O castitatis lilium.

Category
Music
Licence
Standard YouTube Licence
Song composed by Kayo Konishi and Yukio Kondo in 2004, specifically for anime Elfen Lied. Whilst the music or the melodies are original, the lyrics in the opening part were borrowed from Psalms 37:30 and James 1:12 and the rest were taken from two Gregorian chants, "Ave Mundi Spes Maria" and "Kyrie - Fons bonitatis".
This particular abridgement apparently hadn't been seen before Elfen Lied.

Here's a clip of Elfen Lied - Lilium vocalist and trio  - piano, 2 x violin (or violin and viola). What a voice. Could be mimed?

A choral arrangement of same being performed by the boys' Choir Dzvinochok Kiev - Lilium Elfen Lied. (Pity the recording is amateurish.)

There seem to be quite a lot of examples of this song on YouTube. I rather like this arrangement:
【Kal】Lilium - Elfen Lied OP Male Version w/ Choir Arrangement

For more info, see also Wikipedia - Elfen Lied.

MilesAhead:
Some nice tracks on this album.  Smooth without being "smooth jazz."

tomos:
Linda Ronstadt - You're No Good
Live: Offenbach, Germany 1976

The video below is distorted (proportion), if you do want to see it properly, here's a cued link to the full concert:
https://youtu.be/fInfRe9Qf50?t=58m6s

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version