ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

New FARR plugin : FZip select files and zip them to any file

<< < (3/3)

ecaradec:
Is the last thing something I should worry about at all?
-ewemoa (December 01, 2008, 11:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
After changing core.autocrlf you should do a git reset --hard so that git get a new copy of file and correct end of lines and diff should be correct again. Any uncommited change will be erased in the process, so do it on a clean tree.

ewemoa:
I tried how I understood what you suggested and it seems to work well.

Thanks!

ewemoa:
I got the latest version [1] [2] and verified that using Enter (not Control-Enter) is enough for completion of not-already completed folder names.

May be you are already considering this, but how about when a folder name is complete, making subsequent presses of Enter cycle through among other possible completions?  Perhaps that is a pain involving state or something...ah, I thought of a hack that wouldn't require state -- as long as one can 'calculate' (say based on some natural sort oder) the 'next' completion candidate based on the current completed folder name, it doesn't seem that state is necessary [3].  What do you think?

[1] 8c1beec944651212584b63964237185118edb10e
[2] Though at first github didn't provide anything -- a little waiting cured this.
[3] Other than the state implicit in the current completed folder name.

ewemoa:
I have a question about the use of FARR.getQueryString() in Fzip's trigger().

It seems to me that a similar end might be achieved using the following method:

1. in search(), package up queryraw into the args parameter for emitResult()
2. in trigger(), retrieve the query information from the args parameter

Would the outlined method accomplish the same aim, or may be I am missing something important?

If it's the latter, I'd appreciate being informed to help improve my understanding of FARR :)

Edit: I think I see why getQueryString() may be necessary -- I guess not everything that ends up causing trigger() to occur originates from FZip's emitResult().

ecaradec:
Edit: I think I see why getQueryString() may be necessary -- I guess not everything that ends up causing trigger() to occur originates from FZip's emitResult().

--- End quote ---
Exactly :) The doDeferedSearch caused a new search and it was painful to keep the correct query synchronized. The dark side was easier...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version