ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

New FARR plugin : FZip select files and zip them to any file

(1/3) > >>

ecaradec:
FZip allow to zip a selection of files. A query take this form :

zip C:\folder1\;c:\folder2\ to c:\test.zip

I used a trick to enable completion at each sublevel of the query : you get completion at C:\folder1\, at C:\folder2\ and at c:\test.zip.  You can autocomplete by typing CTRL-Enter (this replace tab currently ) as FARR doesn't notify plugins on tab key press. May be farr could allow plugins to handle the "tab" key ?
When you begin to type a filename c:\ farr does not seem to trigger the search (at the \ ) ? I'm not sure why but you can type c:/ instead to get results at the root level.

Every time you type ; you begin a new file selection in the file selection. When you are done with file selection type <space>to<space> then the name of the file you want to create. FZip will create a special entry for you to create the file.

You will need the latest fsubcript since I added some functions to the fscript.dll. You can get the latest function updated with all czb and ewemoa developpement at :

http://github.com/ecaradec/fsubscript/commits/master

You can then get the plugin at :

http://github.com/ecaradec/fzip/tree/master

Beyond the zip behavior this plugin is a experiment to see if FARR can use more natural language. Something like ubiquity but outside of the browser.

mouser:
cool idea and interesting.. doesnt seem to work all that well for me in terms of selecting directories to zip and autocompleting.. but cool idea.

May be farr could allow plugins to handle the "tab" key ?
--- End quote ---
sure, i could add that if you like.

mouser:
btw you also need to get latest fscript from ewe which can search deeper for fsubscript plugins.

ecaradec:
cool idea and interesting.. doesnt seem to work all that well for me in terms of selecting directories to zip and autocompleting.. but cool idea.
-mouser (November 30, 2008, 11:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Could you be a bit more explicit on how it doesn't work mouser ? There is a lot of way it can fail. Putting too many space between items, not putting a \ at end of a folder can cause problem zipping.
Autocompleting should work on ctrl-enter. Does it work ?

ewemoa:
btw you also need to get latest fscript from ewe which can search deeper for fsubscript plugins.
-mouser (November 30, 2008, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

As near as I can tell, that code (or czb's modification of it) is in the latest.  If the recursive searching is not working, perhaps something broke recently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version