ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Comparer

<< < (8/11) > >>

fenixproductions:
- fixed - "show empty" did not worked correctly;
- added - customizable output file names;
- added - customizable CSV separators and text quotes;

Output names can use additional variables :)

fenixproductions:
- fixed - few errors with "show empty" and "show different";
- fixed - colouring different items;
- changed - files names always shown;
- added - image header generation;
- added - option for opening files with associated application;
- added - date formatting description;

skywalka:
2Lutz_
Please take a look on WWW and you will find that:
1. TC is not required,
2. simple "step by step how to" if written down there (even with movie).
-fenixproductions (December 27, 2008, 02:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
I agree that mention should be made in the first post that TC isn't required.  I had to dig deep to find out if this works without TC.  I think you'd have more users.

Isn't it possible to create a registry key to use Comparer via the context menu?  Something like
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Comparer\Command]
""drive:\path\Comparer.exe" %1 %2"

I'm not familiar with the formatting and you can't google search "%1".

If this was directly accessible from Explorer it would always be one of the first things I installed.  It should be built-in as default.  Thanks for sharing.

fenixproductions:
2skywalka
"TC issue" is described in Requirements :)

I've been also trying to make Comparer work from Explorer's context menu but registry tricks are not working for multiple files. Comparer is loaded for each file separately. I spent two days investigating this problem back in December and the only thing I could make is to make Comparer use only single instance. In this case it was OK. Unfortunately: I don't want that this way because I would like to have the possibility to have as many Comparers opened as I like.

There might be the way: shell extensions. If someone is wiling to write one for my app I will gladly distribute it together with one package. True is I've tried to write it in C# by my own but it appeared to be too much for me to achieve :(

I will gladly welcome anyone who is willing to create Explorer's menu extension for Comparer.

kwacky1:
2skywalka
I've been also trying to make Comparer work from Explorer's context menu but registry tricks are not working for multiple files. Comparer is loaded for each file separately. I spent two days investigating this problem back in December and the only thing I could make is to make Comparer use only single instance. In this case it was OK. Unfortunately: I don't want that this way because I would like to have the possibility to have as many Comparers opened as I like.

There might be the way: shell extensions. If someone is wiling to write one for my app I will gladly distribute it together with one package. True is I've tried to write it in C# by my own but it appeared to be too much for me to achieve :(

I will gladly welcome anyone who is willing to create Explorer's menu extension for Comparer.
-fenixproductions (January 28, 2009, 04:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

There's an even easier solution that works brilliantly. 
Create a shortcut to comparer in your SendTo folder, now select any 2 files in explorer, right click, SendTo->Comparer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version