ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Collectorz.com... again!

<< < (10/24) > >>

J-Mac:
And yet another email pushing the new, unimproved version. This is getting silly!

Jim

Carol Haynes:
Can you use a barcode reader with it?
-Carol Haynes (March 20, 2009, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Which barcode scanner do you use, Carol?

Thanks!

Jim
-J-Mac (March 20, 2009, 10:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's just a cheap one I got off eBay. The label says "Acan". Seems to work OK (basically it acts as a keyboard input for barcode numbers).

And yet another email pushing the new, unimproved version. This is getting silly!

Jim
-J-Mac (March 21, 2009, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep I got it too.

Josh:
I think this post says it all. I am taking screen caps of the posts I can now so as to prove collectorz is deleting posts which display negativity towards their products.

This is exactly how I feel. Companies which ignore what users want will not last very long.

Carol Haynes:
FWIW my hand held bar code reader works perfectly on DVD Profiler.

Also note that DVD profiler is a one time purchase (ie. free updates to new versions after purchase).

So far I have entered 50 titles and only had about 4 not found (and they were either very old or obscure).

Going to shift to DVD Profiler - thatnks for the heads up.

Josh:
Plus, like I said, DVD Profiler has been doing the whole "Self-Maintained" DB thing for years so theirs is pretty well developed. I wouldn't have minded collectorz doing this, however, they should have had it at the start and not decided to just "cross the streams", old ghostbusters ref, I know,  with the existing user base being hooked on "Search for what you want with various sources".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version