ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Collectorz.com... again!

<< < (22/24) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Isn't IMDB an Amazon thing anyway?

J-Mac:
Isn't IMDB an Amazon thing anyway?
-Carol Haynes (January 19, 2010, 04:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not that I had heard, but stuff happens fast anymore and it may very well be true at this point. I can't always keep up!  :)

Jim

J-Mac:
Then again:

[attachthumb=#1][/attachthumb]

So yes, Carol. Good call! Though Collectorz.com has never been big on IMDB, it was one of their available online search databases in Movie Collector 5.x. Not anymore of course.

Thanks!

Jim

MerleOne:
 I switched to Mediaman a while ago, that handles all (physical) media (books, DVD, CD, games, cartoons) in a very nice way.  If you want to change, just try it.  The barcode scanner that can be used with a simple Webcam is a plus when you have tons of media to index.

J-Mac:
I switched to Mediaman a while ago, that handles all (physical) media (books, DVD, CD, games, cartoons) in a very nice way.  If you want to change, just try it.  The barcode scanner that can be used with a simple Webcam is a plus when you have tons of media to index.
-MerleOne (January 20, 2010, 08:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting. Do you like Mediaman? Their website shows a pretty picture but is kinda light on detailed features. Does the program do online lookups for your media? I.e., you scan (or type) in some barcodes and the program searches online for the DVD/CD/books, etc.? If so, what databases are available to search? Does it offer a selection of online databases?

A lot of questions but I didn't see any of that listed on the Mediaman website. Also, can you add your own scanned DVD/CD/book covers if necessary? (I have some older books and even CD/DVDs where all cover images available online are different than mine).

I am definitely interested in a program that offers all collections under one roof, so to speak, however those I have looked at were not really very oriented to media collections; they looked more like if I simply created a large Access database and created reports in Access!

Thanks!

Jim

EDIT:  Forgot to mention... I once trialed an application that offered webcam barcode scanning and I was less than impressed with it. I much prefer to use a wireless scanner with some memory so I can go around and "collect" a lot of barcodes at once and then dump them into the program and let it do its magic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version