ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Collectorz.com... again!

<< < (21/24) > >>

J-Mac:
I don’t know - their Book Collector 6 relies on Amazon exclusively, via their "own" database front of course. However if Amazon weren't used their book database would be worthless. (That is, worth even less than it is now.) All new books entered would get absolutely no search results. Alwin would have to either open up access to other databases or try to build his up substantially immediately. Anyone purchasing an app that can't get Internet results would be crying for refunds I would think.

Jim

PS - couldn't have happened to a more deserving developer IMO.

TucknDar:
It'll certainly be interesting to see what this does to the apps... Seems pretty unprofessional not to have noticed that point from the Amazon license before developing the apps, tbh.

J-Mac:
It'll certainly be interesting to see what this does to the apps... Seems pretty unprofessional not to have noticed that point from the Amazon license before developing the apps, tbh.

-TucknDar (January 19, 2010, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Dollar signs in the eyes tend to make it difficult to read T&Cs!

[attachimg=#1][/attachimg]

;D ;D ;D

Jim

Josh:
Perhaps something similar happened with other services which caused the move to a standalone db from the start? Perhaps IMDB or others complained in a similar fashion. Either way, I know Alwins eyes lit up like a child on christmas opening the new xbox 360 they wanted when he saw this message.

J-Mac:
Perhaps something similar happened with other services which caused the move to a standalone db from the start? Perhaps IMDB or others complained in a similar fashion. Either way, I know Alwins eyes lit up like a child on christmas opening the new xbox 360 they wanted when he saw this message.
-Josh (January 19, 2010, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope. Not the case. It was just a selective move on the developer's part, according to the developer.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version