ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

hmm, looks like a copy of gridmove.

(1/2) > >>

nudone:
this 'AeroSnap' thing http://www.aerosnap.de/index_eng.htm looks remarkably like the original description i made for Jgpaiva's Gridmove, i.e. drag to screen edge to resize window. not tried it yet though.

is it a coincidence, is it a copy. well, it's free so i guess there's no reason to complain.

i'm assuming Gridmove and Dialogmove will be built into windows 7...

...if not, how about getting together, Jgpaiva, and building these into non autohotkey based utils?

nudone:
oh my god. it's worse than i thought.

AeroSnap is something they've made to 'copy' something that IS going to be part of windows 7.

in other words, it's microsoft that's nicked the idea from GridMove.

edit:

i can forgive them. it actually works very well. the restore window to it's original size part is a good idea. obviously nowhere near as flexible as GridMove but it does do the basics very well indeed.

(maybe Microsoft just read the DC forum and nicked the idea ages ago.)

nudone:
oh yeah, and whilst i'm here.

i have to say that DialogMove works brilliantly in Vista.

in XP i'd sometimes get i bit of a redraw 'jump' as the dialog window jumped to the cursor. that isn't noticeable with Vista because of how it fades in with the dialog window.

what? you aren't using DialogMove. dear oh dear.

Darwin:
-nudone (November 28, 2008, 02:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

No! Never even heard of it  :o

nudone:
-nudone (November 28, 2008, 02:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

No! Never even heard of it  :o
-Darwin (November 28, 2008, 06:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

DialogMove history: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=3097.0

I've changed my mind about that AeroSnap. it keeps displaying an annoying empty window - obviously meant to be hidden but it doesn't fully disappear when minimized. won't be using it for that reason, otherwise it was pretty good.

[edited because i put "Grid" instead "Dialog" above.]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version