ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is XP really that good?

<< < (7/10) > >>

Darwin:
A pinnacle of XP UI?  ;)
-nontroppo (December 01, 2008, 07:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I prob going a bit further off topic here -
I havent used that renamer, certainly looks a bit daunting - but I could imagine once you get to know it, you have all options at your fingertips.
I love a good looking programme (dont call me superficial yet!) and find myself often frustrated with interfaces of (windows platform) software, difficulties finding stuff/unintuitive, [requiring 20 clicks to do something that could/should be two] etc.

guess the point I want to make is that if I had to choose I'd choose functionality before beauty, but true, why not have both ;)
-tomos (December 01, 2008, 09:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I love the GUI in Bulk Rename Utility  :-*

40hz:
if I had to choose I'd choose functionality before beauty, but true, why not have both
-tomos (December 01, 2008, 09:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good point! 
So often choices are presented as either a or b when the possibility exists for a or b or a+b
-cranioscopical (December 01, 2008, 12:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Excellent point! :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

BTW: Remind me to warn my two sisters about you. ;D

(Sorry, couldn't resist. :-[)

40hz:
I wish I XP provided an option to get rid of all the desktop junk and icon nonsense in favor of a blank screen with a pop-up on right-click menu arrangement like Xfce provides.
--- End quote ---

I use a combination of no-icon desktop and well-organized Start Menu.  Works great.

-mrainey (November 30, 2008, 08:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I pretty much do too. But having to dive to the start button on a big monitor is becoming more and more of a pain for me. (I think I'm finally starting to feel the years a bit... :'() 

Right now, I'm semi-faking the functionality of xfce by using Direct Folders 3.3 ( www.directfolders.com ) but I'd still prefer that "feature" to be built into Windows itself.

yotta:
is xp really that good? maybe, but windows 7 is better :)

zridling:
Carol has often said it before, but the one vast advantage that XP enjoys is its application base. Not only users, but businesses don't want to give up that advantage. And now that enough people (or corporations) didn't switch to Vista, they know they can wait Microsoft out.

Automatically upgrading is no longer inevitable for everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version