ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How to tell if your cat is plotting to KILL you

<< < (6/14) > >>

city_zen:
Wouldn't Switzerland or France be a better name for the kitty who doesn't want to fight?
-Deozaan (December 17, 2008, 10:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ouch!
-Darwin (December 17, 2008, 10:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

France? I don't get it  :huh:
Switzerland is known for its neutrality, but France has been involved in many wars in the 20th century alone, and many more along its history

J-Mac:
Wouldn't Switzerland or France be a better name for the kitty who doesn't want to fight?
-Deozaan (December 17, 2008, 10:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ouch!
-Darwin (December 17, 2008, 10:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Switzerland is known for its neutrality, but France has been involved in many wars in the 20th century alone, and many more along its history
-city_zen (December 18, 2008, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I guess winning is the key...  :D

Jim

city_zen:

Jim
-J-Mac (December 19, 2008, 12:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Then I guess you'd rather choose a country which was on the losing side on both World Wars during the twentieth century, like Germany for instance  ;)

But this is getting ridiculous, not to mention increasingly off-topic (mind you, Deozaan introduced the geopolitical subject in this thread). Is a country who refuses to wage wars, like Switzerland, worse than a country that is more war-friendly, like the USA?  :-\ Come on!
I just don't think that willingness to wage wars per se is a particularly fine characteristic in a country.
Just my  :two:

I guess I should emphasize that I'm neither French, nor German, Swiss or American. And i don't have particularly close ties with any of those countries.

And also I hope no one from the mentioned nationalities takes any offense from all this  :)

J-Mac:

Jim
-J-Mac (December 19, 2008, 12:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Then I guess you'd rather choose a country which was on the losing side on both World Wars during the twentieth century, like Germany for instance  ;)

But this is getting ridiculous, not to mention increasingly off-topic (mind you, Deozaan introduced the geopolitical subject in this thread).
-city_zen (December 19, 2008, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hey - I didn't start all this.  (I just jumped on it with both boots!  ;D   Lovingly, of course)

Jim

Deozaan:
-city_zen (December 18, 2008, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't intend on being political or offensive. It just seemed to me that France has been a country that has been hesitant to engage in "conflicts" over the past several years. But as you said, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

And I suppose what I was really getting at, in a roundabout way, is asking why he would name the nice kitty Persia. Isn't Persia now called Iran? This is probably becoming political now, but Iran isn't exactly known for its kind, peaceful attitude.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version