ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why Vista's DRM Is Bad For You and other jewels by Bruce Schneier

<< < (5/8) > >>

Edvard:
That video was funny - very colourful vocabulary - I learned at least one new idiom...
-Darwin (December 08, 2008, 02:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

"This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

:huh:

Ehtyar:
Did you mean 'something' other than the fact you're probably in violation of US law by doing so? ;D
-40hz (December 08, 2008, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
I thought we were discussing the limitations placed on playback of hidef audio/video use with "unsafe" hardware. Having re-read the thread, I see that is not the case, my bad.
Josh I find it odd that after all that's been said in this thread you're now admitting you strip the copy protection from DVDs. It seems you're in support of a system you feel you shouldn't be subject to.

Ehtyar.

Ehtyar:
Here it is hosted by a service not run by a bunch of tools.
I saved the hi-def version as I expected this to happen, if anyone wants it let me know and I'll upload it when I get home tonight.

Ehtyar.

Darwin:
Here it is hosted by a service not run by a bunch of tools.
I saved the hi-def version as I expected this to happen, if anyone wants it let me know and I'll upload it when I get home tonight.

Ehtyar.
-Ehtyar (December 08, 2008, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

steeladept:
I still fail to see how the movie studio controls my PC? I use AnyDVD which removes any and all nasties from the DVD and even without that, playing a DVD/BRD takes absolutely no effort at all. Am I missing something here?
-Josh (December 08, 2008, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Did you mean 'something' other than the fact you're probably in violation of US law by doing so? ;D
-40hz (December 08, 2008, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Don't forget in violation of the right privilege of use clauses.

In other words, that makes you a criminal in the eyes of RIAA/Distributor of any DVD you use this way - despite your purchase.

Sounds like they control your use of your PC after all, well assuming you are meticulously sticking to the letter of the law (and their "agreement" with you).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version