ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mockups ...

<< < (2/3) > >>

TheQwerty:
I've been using a Firefox extension called Pencil for this recently.

It seems to work well for my small needs.

f0dder:
Tinjaw: mockup screens has a less attractive GUI though ( :-[ ) and is the same price...

TheQwerty: looks like something that might be worth giving a go - I feel pretty weird about using FireFox for non-web stuff, though :). Oh, and it looks like the mockups look like native GUI widgets?

TheQwerty:
TheQwerty: looks like something that might be worth giving a go - I feel pretty weird about using FireFox for non-web stuff, though :). Oh, and it looks like the mockups look like native GUI widgets?-f0dder (November 25, 2008, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
It is weird using it within Firefox.  I just revisted their official website and there is also an XULRunner build available that might have fewer quirks; the Firefox add-on doesn't handle resizing the work area too well.

They aren't really native, it's basically all just image overlays using different collections.  By default it came with collections for Win XP and GTK but it's supposed to be extendable.  The Google Projects page appears to have downloads for ExtJS as well.

It fit my need for something cheap free to mock some small single dialog apps.  The other products listed look much better, but there's no way I can justify spending anywhere near those prices for something I'd hardly use.

usemyname:
Just want to share a site where people submit some of their mockups using balsamiq… http://mockupstogo.net/

app103:
Just found another one, web based, and it seems to be free: Moqups

You can dive right in and play with it, before even creating an account.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version