ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Simple line by line truncator

<< < (4/10) > >>

cranioscopical:
The thread keeps getting better, it's rare that *I* get to correct chris on a typo...
DonationCoder at is best
--- End quote ---
-mouser (November 23, 2008, 06:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, it's rumoured that you consume too much t but... I am humbled! I grovel and eat dirt.
(Proper nouns do insist on a capital letter, however.)

Or maybe this is some strange Canadian expression..  :-\
--- End quote ---
There are no strange Canadians.

Shades:
Yeah, you kick any strange Canadian over your southern border, is it not?   :P

usemyname:
Please excuse my interruption…  :-[

Sir Agentsteal I tried the program at our office and I encountered a problem but it’s my fault sir, I forgot to mention that the line must be cleared of whitespaces at the beginning of every line before truncating it…

Example I opted for a length of 7 characters it will turn like in the example below, from…
6541843212 werljlkj kljwler lkjwerl werlejrlwekr kljwlekrewr
   46544521  sdflkfdjl lksdjklfjdslk fkjkdk kjk jjjdksfwer
 234655  jldskfjd ksjfkfj kkdjdkfkd
123456789 jkdshkf khsdkjfhjkdsf

--- End quote ---

Into…

--- End quote ---

And Sir may I add one more thing can you delete any characters separated from the truncated line? Please see example below…

Example I opted for a length of 7 characters it will turn like in the example below, from…
12345 extra words blah blah blah blah
1234567 blah blah blah blah blah
1234 extra extra read all about it
12345678 long numbers blah blah blah

--- End quote ---

Into

--- End quote ---

Line 1: The letter 'e' that was included in the block but separated was deleted as well
Line 2: Normal truncation
Line 3: The characters 'ex' that was included in the block but separated was deleted as well
Line 4: Normal truncation and removes any extra line breaks and white spaces at the end

One more thing Sir… can you make it automatically process and copies the result text to the Clipboard when you press Ctrl + Enter?

Thanks a lot Sir Agensteal for helping me out… Take your time Sir… I can assure you a lot of people in the office will benefit from this software Sir… Any feedbacks for the coming version will be reported to you ASAP Sir, Thanks again!  :)

agentsteal:
* Whitespace is now deleted from the beginning of the line
* Ctrl-Enter now also copies the truncated text
I'm not sure what you mean by deleting the separated characters: do you mean that only the first word in each line is included or that the 2nd word is only included if it's not partially truncated?

usemyname:
Thank You Sir I've been waiting for you… :)

What I mean is to delete any characters that was separated from truncation…

Ex.
123 this is not needed anymore blah blah

--- End quote ---

When I opted for a length of 7 the result should be…

--- End quote ---

Note that on line 2 the result was "123" instead of "123 thi" because the "thi" was separated from the first group of characters…

Thanks again!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version