ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Microsoft drop OneCare subscription product

(1/3) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Just read this on ZDNet.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2190&tag=nl.e589

Seems the MS OneCare Suite subscriptions will end June 2009 and then MS are replacing it with a free AntiMalware package.

mouser:
one step forward, one step back.
someone tell Microsoft to focus on operating systems and stop trying to write one of every program in the world.  not helping.

cranioscopical:
someone tell Microsoft to focus on operating systems and stop trying to write one of every program in the world.  not helping.
-mouser (November 19, 2008, 06:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Have you not yet sent out the press release for your Microsoft Ousting Universal System Engine Robot?

Carol Haynes:
Is it my imagination or isn't Windows Defender supposed to be an anti-malware application? Why do they need to release a new free application when it is already built into Vista, is going to be in Win7 and can be installed in WinXP ? (not that it is worth bothering with as I have yet to hear of a single person who has had Windows Defender actually defend against anything)

cranioscopical:
I have yet to hear of a single person who has had Windows Defender actually defend against anything
-Carol Haynes (November 19, 2008, 06:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Come now Carol, the best defense is a good offense, and WD offends many.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version