ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: IdleMute - Tray utility to mute speaker when you are away from the PC!

<< < (4/19) > >>

LuckMan212:
ok just tested it out--- really like the interface and seems to be 99% perfect   ;D

just a few comments, suggestions:

1. tray icon is kind of hard to see and "fuzzy" around edges on my XP box running @ 1280x1024.  can you maybe simplify it a bit --- maybe just a nicely colored/shaded green/red box?  this would make it easier to tell the difference between IdleMute and the "normal" XP speaker icon.

2. the setting "how long should the PC be idle before muting?" -- why does this have a timestamp selector on it? I am not sure what to set this to...... is it minutes/seconds elapsed since midnight?  so if you want 10 minutes then you set to 12:10:00 AM?  not sure why you have chosen this type of control but a simple text box with "# of minutes" would be more intuitive I think.

3. on the right-click tray menu, if the user picks "IdleMute" (the bolded top item) then it actually toggles the status of the "Mute" option which is the next one down.  This is not intuitive, either selecting "IdleMute" should open the About box or it should be removed completely.  No need to have two menu options right next to each other that both do the same thing!  :)

well thats it for now, thanks skrommel !!!   :Thmbsup:

brotherS:
2. the setting "how long should the PC be idle before muting?" -- why does this have a timestamp selector on it? I am not sure what to set this to...... is it minutes/seconds elapsed since midnight?  so if you want 10 minutes then you set to 12:10:00 AM?  not sure why you have chosen this type of control but a simple text box with "# of minutes" would be more intuitive I think.
-LuckMan212 (November 28, 2005, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
I find it very intuitive and also very easy to use the way it is now - you did see the "How long..." words above it I hope? ;)

LuckMan212:
yes I did, but I guess I still dont understand.. its like putting a square peg in a round hole...

question:  "how long should the PC be idle before muting?"
answer:  "1:00 PM"

that makes no sense............ ??

brotherS:
yes I did, but I guess I still dont understand.. its like putting a square peg in a round hole...

question:  "how long should the PC be idle before muting?"
answer:  "1:00 PM"

that makes no sense............ ??

-LuckMan212 (November 28, 2005, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hehe, maybe you need to live in a country with a real (24 hour) time schedule to appreciate IdleMute like it is now? ;)

I do - and I don't get to see AM here:
DONE: IdleMute - Tray utility to mute speaker when you are away from the PC!

LuckMan212:
ahhhhhhhh well you got me there  ;D  ;D
ok so maybe skrommel can fix it, for us feeble minded americans   :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version