ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

XYPlorer ($15) Nov 24 at BDJ

(1/6) > >>

superboyac:
http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/xyplorer/

Josh:
Am i the only one who feels this is an overrated application? I mean, when I manage files, I like to be able to launch directly to the folder I want by using the run dialog. I cannot do this with XYPlorer. There are so many little nauances about this application which make me turn away from it. I have tried each version hoping it was better than the first, but I guess it's just not for me. DOpus isn't much better and that one turns me off even more so due to its high price.

Ah well, I guess I am the only person who does things this way.

Thanks for the find superboy! Even if I do not use it :)

jgpaiva:
Don already had informed us about this (here), but it's always good to get a reminder, and in the correct section ;)

CWuestefeld:
I like to be able to launch directly to the folder I want by using the run dialog. ... DOpus isn't much better and that one turns me off even more so due to its high price.
-Josh (November 18, 2008, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I just tested this as a DOpus user. I am able to launch a folder in DOpus by entering the path in Run. Of course, you're right that it's very expensive.

FWIW, I agree with your assessment of XYplorer -- it seems like they've just thrown a whole laundry list of features in, without much thought as to integrating them into a way that makes coherent sense.

DonL:
FWIW, I agree with your assessment of XYplorer -- it seems like they've just thrown a whole laundry list of features in, without much thought as to integrating them into a way that makes coherent sense.
-CWuestefeld (November 18, 2008, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
The opposite is true.

About the run dialog (Josh, aka Metshrine is serial-punishing me in fileforum for months now, poor idiot): If you allow yourself to think for a minute: This is a system function. Run dialog = system component. Not software feature. Got it?

And for the future: Before you talk bad about something in public, please get to know it first, or simply shut up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version