ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Thumb trackball wanted

<< < (3/5) > >>

icekin:
I had the Microsoft Optical 1.0 Trackball. Sadly, I sold it along with the rest of my computer. Worst decision I ever made. Best pointing device I had ever owned. Due to a very small number of people using them, I doubt we will ever see further innovation and development with the trackball (e.g. a Laser Trackball)

Pricewatch used to have links to sites that still stocked the Optical 1.0 Trackball, but I think its all gone now. Meanwhile, I've become a mouse convert :(

nite_monkey:
I would say if you had a laptop that you moved around the house - like to the recliner in front of the TV - you might want to retain your favorite mousing device without fooling around with a cord.  Other than that.....?
-wiiiindy (November 17, 2008, 06:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
...I never thought about that
Now I just need my current mouse to hurry up and die on me so that I can have a better excuse to buy a thumb trackball mouse.

cranioscopical:
Now I just need my current mouse to hurry up and die
-nite_monkey (November 23, 2008, 04:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
It seems to me that Mouser ought to be able to help with that.
Or, he might just ignore it.
It is difficult to know which way he'll jump...

Padlock6:
I was reading reviews on the Logitech model, and someone pointed out the obvious problems for lefties...
When I fractured my wrist awhile back, I was forced to train my left hand to use a RH, 3-button mouse at work.  What I discovered was a simple way to mouse and type (or check lists w/pen) using both hands.  I don't do this everyday, but the ability to mouse with either hand has come in handy, as well as get funny looks from co-workers sometimes.   ;)

IainB:
I've just got back from a trip to Thailand. In Panthip Plaza (a well-known computer hardware and software shopping centre) in Bangkok they had all manner of mice for sale, including just about every version of trackball and thumb-ball mice I had ever seen - and some I had not seen before.

FWIW, in about 1990-something I used to have a thumb-ball mouse that came with a 286-driven (I think it was that) Toshiba laptop (LCD screen). It clipped onto the RHS of the keyboard. Worked quite well, once you got used to it. This predated the central finger-sticks and touchpads.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version