ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software to easily and quickly browse a sound library (and hear previews)?

<< < (3/3)

Dormouse:
I noticed that 1by1 has winamp plugin support,
which reminded me
fwiw, that the founder/main developer of Reaper was the founder/original developer of WinAmp (and Gnutella). v1 of Reaper was in 2006, and it's now on v6.

Deozaan:
fwiw, that the founder/main developer of Reaper was the founder/original developer of WinAmp (and Gnutella). v1 of Reaper was in 2006, and it's now on v6.
-Dormouse (December 13, 2020, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know if that's good or bad. The last good version (IMO) of WinAmp was v2.x IIRC. :)

Dormouse:
The last good version (IMO) of WinAmp was v2.x IIRC
-Deozaan (December 14, 2020, 01:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
Winamp 2.10 was released March 1999, and AOL took the company over in June of that year; v3 not coming out until 2002 when AOL itself had merged with Time-Warner.
Gnutella was released in 2000, until AOL ordered it taken down. Thereafter, he released programs, and AOL would take them down until he finally resigned in 2004.
He's shown no sign of ever wanting to sell Reaper.

I don't know if that's good or bad.
-Deozaan (December 14, 2020, 01:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
So I'd say it should be seen as good.

Deozaan:
Thanks for the details. :Thmbsup:

As a general update to this thread: I gave 1by1 another shot and I'm still not very impressed by it, so I've re-added checking out Reaper and Daminion to my to-do list in the hopes of finding something I like better for the task.

4wd:
There's also VLC, just drop a folder on it and it'll play everything in the folder, jump back (p) and forward (n), and edit the metadata (Ctrl+i).

Just a note about Daminion, it is geared more towards completely managing your media, (all media), so not sure there is a quick preview for audio but there is certainly a lot of tagging you can do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version