ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Surfulater 3 - huge price hike (166%) + where is the Firefox add-on?

<< < (6/8) > >>

J-Mac:
There is a $10 discount which makes this only $69 for new customers. -nevf (November 14, 2008, 05:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Neville,

I looked and didn't see the discount. The "Buy Now" link on the Surfulater home page says "Special offer inside" - which I thought was probably the $10 discount you mentioned here - but once I click on it the eSellerate cart shows the $79 price - no discount mentioned.

Has the discount expired?

Thanks!

Jim

sazzen:
You will soon - on March 4 - be able to purchase Surfulator for $39.50 at Bits.  In the past, I'd have killed (well, maimed, anyway) to get it for that price. Since I couldn't afford it I bought  Ultra Recall at a reduced price only to learn, here, that it is no longer being developed. However, I can't really complain as I got it at a VERY good price. I'd like to try Surfulator but having already paid for the other program and being very strapped for $ these days it doesn't make sense to buy yet another license for yet another very similar program. Oh yeah, AND I am a Firefox user.

Regarding pricing:  Any developer can charge anything they wish for their products. A buyer can only pay or decline. As shareware prices rise, I must decline more and more. $80.00 is a lot of money to some of us. With the trend toward high upgrade prices and limiting upgrades to the one year mark, I have (sadly) accepted the fact that the version I pay for is the one I will be keeping - forever.  Anyway, to my way of thinking, upgrades are not always improvements and more than once I've gone back to a previous version that I was happier with.   

wraith808:
Don’t feel bad...  I purchased Ultra Recall only a few months ago and the developer just posted last week that it is basically being abandoned.
-J-Mac (November 13, 2008, 10:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Where did you see that?  He's still releasing versions as of 2/24/2009, so it doesn't seem to be abandoned...

mwb1100:
You will soon - on March 4 - be able to purchase Surfulator for $39.50 at Bits. 
-sazzen (February 26, 2009, 10:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just a bump to the thread as the discount is now available for the next 22 or so hours...

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/surfulater/

J-Mac:
Don’t feel bad...  I purchased Ultra Recall only a few months ago and the developer just posted last week that it is basically being abandoned.
-J-Mac (November 13, 2008, 10:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Where did you see that?  He's still releasing versions as of 2/24/2009, so it doesn't seem to be abandoned...
-wraith808 (February 26, 2009, 11:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have you been to their forum? Or the outlinersoftware.com forum? The developer removed his Roadmap post and replaced it with a statement that Ultra Recall would no longer be actively developed due to the poor economy. After a large outcry by users along with a lot of posts at various forums, he replaced that statement with a much smaller Roadmap - with most of the significant future improvements missing. Since then he has released three minor bug-fix updates.

I still use it - Kyle says that he won't abandon UR and that he will definitely support it through Windows 7 compatibility. But probably no innovative changes to it.

I believe there were some comments about this on the Bits page when it was offered there a week or so ago; you can still see that page if you search there. I'm still using it since it is still a great application as is, though I hate to see development stopped on it.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version