ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Direct Access 2.0 - Getting Too Pricey for Me!

<< < (2/6) > >>

yksyks:
Well, this is not a good policy. (I'm not going to even try it. -- What if like it?) Especially the timing is wrong, as these days the version 6 of PhraseExpress is out and it seems to be--unlike the previous one--quite stable and sophisticated.

Darwin:
I'm not going to even try it. -- What if like it?-yksyks (November 13, 2008, 03:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Again, sums up my thinking completely!  :)

@Jim - I think that as long as you have the installer for a 1.x version of DirectAccess backed up you'll be to go. My reading of this part of the sentence from the announcement e-mail:

...access to any version (minor or major) of Direct Access that is released during your coverage period
-J-Mac (November 13, 2008, 12:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

is that you have access to updates and upgrades from whatever version is current at the start of your subscription. 1.x versions won't be covered by this EULA as note the "bit" that I have highlighted.

J-Mac:
Here's the reply I received this morning from the developer at her forum:

I'm sorry there has been some confusion.
Upgrade to v.2.0 costs 24.95$ and includes 12 months of free upgrades.
The license will not expire after 12 months. Hope this is clear. After 12 months you just don't get any new upgrades but of course you cannot continue using the license you have.
The software is licenses per user/per computer and there's an option to use Direct Access on up to three PCs for 9.95$ more.
--- End quote ---

Once again, emphasis is mine.  Weird - almost sounds like it was meant to say the opposite, doesn’t it?

Jim

Darwin:
Here's the reply I received this morning from the developer at her forum:

The license will not expire after 12 months. Hope this is clear. After 12 months you just don't get any new upgrades but of course you cannot continue using the license you have.
The software is licenses per user/per computer and there's an option to use Direct Access on up to three PCs for 9.95$ more.
--- End quote ---
-J-Mac (November 13, 2008, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Aargh! So which is it?! The bit you highlighted contradicts the first bit...  :o :huh:

Oi!

tinjaw:
I bet that was a typo and he meant to say "of course you can continue...". I would reply to the email and ask for a clarification.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version