ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Process Manager for Windows - use fewer clicks

<< < (2/3) > >>

windowssucks:
@Darwin
    (5MB RAM when minimized to tray  )
     Did you mean that for "Process Manager for windows" or for "Anvir Task Manager Pro" ?
     I downloaded both  "Process Manager for Windows" is always around 1 MB.

@lanux128
     Thanks for sharing. Yes you are right we should forward our suggestion.
     I have found if you right click on the process manager icon in the tray , there is an option "Request Feature".
     your link http://processpriority.wiki.sourceforge.net/
     had a link to author's blog too, which was quite interesting, he writes why he created this utility.
     Looks like he is like me who hate windows  :down:, but can't avoid it :o.

Darwin:
@Darwin
    (5MB RAM when minimized to tray  )
     Did you mean that for "Process Manager for windows" or for "Anvir Task Manager Pro" ?
     I downloaded both  "Process Manager for Windows" is always around 1 MB. -windowssucks (November 12, 2008, 07:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry - Anvir Task Manager Pro sits at around 5MB when idle in my tray. OK *was* sitting at around 5MB... it's up to 11MB at the moment, but it did just throttle back SpySweeper's CPU usage. I don't find it too heavy, really, considering all the functionality that it provides.

lanux128:
had planned to post this earlier, this program had been updated to include more features but the new features can hidden if not being used. a very sensible move to keep the system menu uncluttered. among the new features are:

• Always on top.
• Hide any application. to unhide, right-click on the PM icon in tray and select the hidden app.
• Hide Others - hide all other applications other than the current window.
• Minimize to system tray.
• Transparency.

btw if the sourceforge page is down, other download links can be found from the author's blog.

New Features

Options Menu

Source: http://arif-ali-saiyed.blogspot.com/

Curt:
@ lanux; I have only managed to find links for version 1.0, not for 1.6
Are there any problems with the version 1.6.192 he uploaded, or...?

Download ( this link will be activated soon, before you are back form Christmas vacation)-Arif's Blog
--- End quote ---

lanux128:
maybe due to busy holiday schedule, he's not been able to post the new version. i'll try to get in touch with him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version