ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Process Manager for Windows - use fewer clicks

(1/3) > >>

lanux128:
a slightly different and a faster way to change the priority of a process and to end a process. :Thmbsup:

working with "Process Manager for Windows":
1. Right click in the task bar over any application
2. There are two new options added here "Change Priority" and "Kill", simply click the intended priority or kill the process

• http://processpriority.wiki.sourceforge.net/

Darwin:
Obviously not freeware, and a bit heavier (@5MB RAM when minimized to tray), but Anvir Task Manager Pro adds the same functionality to the context menu of the taskbar and to the title bar of any application.

Process Manager for Windows looks nice and the price is right  :Thmbsup:

Thanks for sharing it with us, Lanux!

lanux128:
you're welcome, Darwin. i like the way how he has hooked these features into the system-menu of a program. i wish this could be done with Autohotkey. :)

Darwin:
I've just realised that DM2 offers some of this functionality (allows you to set process priority but does not offer a "kill" feature) as well - so there's another free option. Note, too, that Anvir Task Manager Pro also lacks the "kill" process option from the context menu... so it's functionality is identical in this regard as that of DM2.

lanux128:
i got Anvir Task Manager Pro from GAOTD recently but as you mentioned it's quite heavy and feels a bit overbearing.

btw, the author of this tiny tool is planning on some updates and this is the time to forward any suggestions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version