ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

New FARR plugin : FSubScript enable loading of multiple javascript plugins

<< < (2/12) > >>

mouser:
Couldn't get it to quite work here ...
i put Scripter and Colors both in a new parent directory.
Scripter was loaded by FARR, and it seems to have found the Colors script -- since if i typed scipter it listed "Colors"

but typing: colors

had no effect (just showed files with the word colors in them).

ecaradec:
Sub-plugins are exposed as modifiers. You have to type : "scripter +colors". It also complete with tab.
I agree that scripter is a very bad name. I didn't change it because I hardcode it in many places.

I'll let everybody propose names for the plugins. FMS is nice by the way.

czb:
Hi,
first of all, thank you for your share :Thmbsup: .I have also been thinking of providing similar solution, but I was waiting if you are going to solve it on dll basis, since such a solution is javascript limited.

I am not familiar with how the plugin system works, but I guess dll basis might involve direct modifications of FARR as well, which might be long run development.

Another semi-solution which comes into my mind as non C++ programmer might be to create a dll file which would just point to a real fscript.dll. So the pointer would take fscript.dll as some kind of library. Then under any modification of fscript.dll, the pointer would remain unchanged.

ecaradec:
This is a FScript based plugin. Sub-plugins are in fact plugins for the scripter plugin, not directly FARR plugins. There isn't any support for regex based search, and I'm not sure that I could add it.

The nice thing is that it will allow to develop a librairies around the scripter plugin to help developpement of future sub-plugins.
The not the good is that all scripts are loaded in the same script engine (this is what will allow the first point ) and that means that plugins can interfer each others. It is relatively pointless to create plugins that would break the system so I hope that future plugins writers will take care of not breaking their environment. Currently plugins could remove others plugins, break them but also add them dynamically.

czb:
Yes you are right that it brings quite significant advantages and can faster development of JS plugins.

For example I guess FARR update system will not work for it, but I can imagine script plugin to be used for new JS plugin installations, maintanace etc.

Well if you do not mind I can make my new goal to make kind of sofisticated JS plugin portal, or we can make it a colaborative work together with other JS coders (ewemoa etc) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version