ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Editor for PDFs: recommendations, please?

<< < (7/25) > >>

Lutz_:
Darwin, do you know if the PDF converter Pro has any advantages over Omnipage? - I had the impression that the Converter functionality might be a subset of the  tools of the omnipage package. I would certainly give it a try if there are some extras.

Darwin:
Well... PDF Converter Professional can do a number of things, such as make a pdf searchable, allow you to modify and move blocks of text and pictures around, encrypt pdfs, etc. I actually have Omnipage as well, it will certianly do some of these things, but not as easily or as conveniently. I'm not an Omnipage power user by any stretch, so others may be able to provide more insight.

rjbull:
Nuance's PDF Converter Professional 5
-Darwin (December 05, 2008, 09:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'd better take a look at it.  I hate these systems that won't let you download without you fill in a form and an e-mail address, though.

cranioscopical:
Nuance's PDF Converter Professional 5
-Darwin (December 05, 2008, 09:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'd better take a look at it.  I hate these systems that won't let you download without you fill in a form and an e-mail address, though.

-rjbull (December 08, 2008, 03:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Let us know what you think if you do try it, please.
As for the form and e-mail address, that's just the modern way of selling your soul.

Darwin:
Well... what's worse about Nuance (unless they've changed their tune of late) is that they won't let you run a trial of their software - you MUST buy it. The upside is that they've got a generous 90 day no questions asked return policy, which I have used without fanfare or drama twice. BTW, they should have most of their stuff on sale over the next two months - you might want to hold off in anticipation of that...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version