ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Editor for PDFs: recommendations, please?

<< < (11/25) > >>

rjbull:
Last week I recall Amazon.com and Buy.com advertising PDF Converter Professional 5 for about $62 shipped. Newegg has a downloadable version for $64.99.
-cchian (December 11, 2008, 02:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

@Darwin & cchian:

I'm in the UK.  I read the Newegg FAQ, contacted them about what it said, and this is part of their reply:

Unfortunately Newegg.com does not ship internationally at this time; we only deliver within the United States and to Puerto Rico. Perhaps in the future we will open our virtual shopping cart to other parts of the world but, at this time, we do not have the processes or man power to do so. We apologize greatly for the inconvenience this has caused.

Since we do not ship internationally, we also do not accept international credit/debit cards. We only accept credit/ debit cards that are issued in the U.S., from a U.S. Bank.
--- End quote ---

This despite the offer being a download rather than physical shipment.

Darwin:
Crap! I can't even offer to get this for you and send you the download link as I don't qualify either  :o

Dormouse:

Since we do not ship internationally, we also do not accept international credit/debit cards. We only accept credit/ debit cards that are issued in the U.S., from a U.S. Bank.
--- End quote ---

This despite the offer being a download rather than physical shipment.

-rjbull (December 23, 2008, 03:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have you tried a virtual debit/credit card such as paypal's?

rjbull:
Have you tried a virtual debit/credit card such as paypal's?
-Dormouse (December 23, 2008, 06:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't spot a PayPal link, though I wasn't looking for one.  Did I miss it?

@Darwin: the bottom of the Newegg page says "Shop by Region: United States  Canada  China"  so you should be all right.  Are Newegg confused about their own policies?

Dormouse:
I didn't spot a PayPal link, though I wasn't looking for one.  Did I miss it?-rjbull (December 23, 2008, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think they stopped doing PayPal.
A virtual debit/credit card is not the same as paypal even if it is one done by paypal. Their one works as a standard Mastercard, but you only have the amount of money you are spending with that retailer on it. It's a system to avoid giving your real credit card details to retailers you aren't sure of, but it seems it might circumvent this difficulty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version