ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Editor for PDFs: recommendations, please?

<< < (5/25) > >>

rjbull:
Not sure how easy it is to find their free and cheap site so here it is if you haven't got it,
-Grorgy (December 03, 2008, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Home page for Free Serif Software which includes PhotoPlus, DrawPlus, 3DPlus and WebPlus as well as PagePlus.

Looks like the free one won't do PDF but version 9 will which is under 10 dollars (or pounds) and version 10 is also very cheap compared to the new one.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Grorgy!  :)  I couldn't see any link to their older free offerings from the main Serif page...  On the free Serif software page I see SE and version 9, but not version 10.  Is that in limbo between low-cost 9 and PagePlus X3, waiting for an even newer version before it gets "remaindered?"

Turns out I had a disk with version 8 on it, but that's probably a bit too old now.

Grorgy:
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/store/default.asp

No, they didn't make a mention of it, they aren't particularly forthcoming about their free and cheap stuff, anyway its in the value store, the link is above, v10 is $29.99.

cranioscopical:
FWIW Serif PagePlus version 11 is advertised @ $29.99 at this link.

What the blurb says of itPagePlus 11 offers a range of new DTP features, including possibly its most powerful improvement ever: PDF import and editing! Now you can edit and save PDF files, just like any other PagePlus 11 document. This fantastic flexibility cannot be found in any other DTP program – at any price – you’ll wonder how you ever completed your desktop publishing projects without it!

I haven't any experience of this software so cannot comment on how "fantastic" this claimed ability might be.

rjbull:
its in the value store, the link is above
-Grorgy (December 04, 2008, 05:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Weird... a three-tier way of doing business?  Yet it seems to work for them.

Thanks for the Serif Value Store link!

Grorgy:
Yeah I agree, it does all seem a bit weird, I've only ever played with a bit of their software I've got off magazine cover disks, always seems ok but I've not used any of it long term.  But I am interested in this PDF editing ability, sounds particularly useful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version