ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Transmute Bookmark converter - free & works with most browsers

(1/2) > >>

SKA:
Transmute : free utility helps you to try out different web browsers, synchronize bookmarks between systems, organize bookmarks, convert bookmarks for use in bookmark managers, share bookmarks with others and more. And best of all, it's free!

Transmute is the first and only bookmark converter to export bookmarks between all of the major formats:

Google Chrome : Transmute supports the new Chrome browser, including dev channel releases.
Mozilla Firefox : Firefox 1 & 2 are supported as well as Firefox 3, with its new database model.
Microsoft Internet Explorer : Internet Explorer favorites can be imported and exported with ease.
Opera " Opera browser hotlists are also well supported for easy importing and exporting.
Apple Safari : Safari is the web browser from the people behind the iPod, iPhone and iTunes.
Chromium : Chromium is the open-source project behind Google Chrome.
Language:       English
Supported OS:   Windows
Requirements:   Microsoft.NET Framework v2.0 or newer
Compatibility:  Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, Chromium.
Has portable version and installer version.

SKA

Grorgy:
http://www.gettransmute.com/  for those not wanting to google it themselves  ;)

gexecuter:
Interesting, i may give it a try and eventually write about it in my blog.

city_zen:
Mozilla Firefox : Firefox 1 & 2 are supported as well as Firefox 3, with its new database model.
-SKA (November 10, 2008, 01:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:

Great find, SKA! Thanks for the info. This is the first bokkmark/favourites converter, that I know of, that handles the new Firefox 3 bookmarks format

40hz:
Out of curiosity, does anybody know of a good standalone bookmark manager? Preferably a portable app that could also export its list as a tab-delimited or CSV file rather than a html page?

All the new bookmark managers seem to insist on being web-based.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version