ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Dumdum - Aero Shake clone project in AHK (was : Minimizing all windows[...])

(1/5) > >>

ak_:
(sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong section)

I'm working on a new ahk script and i'm pretty happy with what i've done so far. However, i'm facing a problem and as i didn't get much help from the autohotkey forum, i thought i'd ask my donationcoder buddies :)

Problem :

I'm trying to minimize all windows except the active one, using the following piece of code :

--- ---Winget, activeId, id, A
Winget, winlist, list
loop %winlist%
{
  winid := winlist%A_Index%
  Wingettitle, wintitle, ahk_id %winid%

if (strlen(wintitle) != 0 and winid != activeId and wintitle != "Program Manager")
  {
    PostMessage, 0x112, 0xF020,,, ahk_id %winid%
  }
}
The problem with this method is that it works well with some windows (they stay visible while the other ones get minimized) but it doesn't work with others (ie Freecommander, Pspad), who get minimized anyway. I tried to modify the code to minimize the active window only, and it worked fine except with the program mentionned earlier.

Anyway, my goal is to minimize all windows except the active one, and i'm out of ideas. I tried to WinMinimizeAll and then to bring the active window back, but it makes the window disappear for a moment, plus WinMinimizeAll doesn't work for people using Emerge shell (like myself). Sending #d or #m doesn't work for the same reasons.

If anyone has any idea, i'd be really glad to hear it :)

Thanks.

jgpaiva:
I'm not sure about this, but aren't you trying to reinvent skrommel's MinimOther? :)

ak_:
jgpaiva> wow you're like the fastest poster ever :D Anyway, thanks for the info, i'll have a look at Skrommel's method. Actually, the minimizing thing is just a part of my script (i've done the first part already, more or less).

ak_:
Ah, false joy : i ran MinimOther and the same problem happens with the same windows...

jgpaiva:
Strange.. After reading your code, I have no idea why it isn't working :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version