ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Dumdum - Aero Shake clone project in AHK (was : Minimizing all windows[...])

<< < (3/5) > >>

ak_:
Ok, i found the solution to my problem and thought it might be useful to others so here it is.

I noticed that the problematic programs used tabs (Freecommander does, PSPad too) and realized that ahk detected the active tab as a window. So, i took a look at those tabs' window style and noticed that they had this one in common : WS_POPUP - 0x80000000. I added a condition to exclude windows containing this particular style and the problem is now solved :)

Of course now i'm facing another problem but i'm glad to be moving forward :)

Now, let me tell you about this script i'm working on. Its temporary name is Dumdum (don't ask why, i have no idea) and its purpose is to mimic the Aero Shake feature of Windows 7. You can try it, but first you have to know that it is a very early version. Right now, if you shake a window, it will minimize all others, but if you shake it again they won't come back (it is, of course, in the todo list). Another problem : sometimes, you shake a window and after the other windows have been minimized, the active window is not "dragged" anymore and goes back to its original place. It's hard to explain but i think you'll figure it out if you try. I couldn't find the origin of this bug yet.

Here it is :

In the future, the user will be able to choose the "shaking sensitivity" and the windows behaviour (minimize other windows, minimize active window, close active window etc).

mouser:
sounds weird but interesting. :)

ak_:
Weird/stupid ? :D

Actually, i understand how this "Aero shake" feature might not seem very useful. Personally, i don't think i'm gonna be using it anytime soon. However, i thought the idea was fun and thought it might be an interesting ahk project. That's why i'd really appreciate if anyone took a few minutes to try it and tell me if it works fine or not :) Again, i understand if the program itself doesn't look appealing to you because it is not to me (but it is as a project).

VideoInPicture:
Works on my computer. Windows Vista - 32 bit.

cyberkilla:
Hey, you've started now! Please finish!;)

You are the only person with a decent clone so far. If you could get the windows to come back, and only the ones minimised in the first place, it would be brilliant.

Still, I've used it. I'm still using it. I find it *highly* useful and intuitive. Whoever thought of this at Microsoft should be given given a raise.

Thanks for making it. I'm happy with it as it is, but if you did manage to get the windows to come back again, it would be the icing on the cake.

Note: Just make sure that you disregard any extra shakes until the window has been let go of.
What I mean is, before you check for a shake to 'reverse' the effects of the minimising shake, ensure that the window has stopped moving first.

The consequences of not doing this is simple - over-shaking will make windows come and go every now and then, which is what bothered me in another clone I found.

The argument I've heard is that it's just as easy to do WIN + M then reopen the window you closed.
My counter argument is simple: I've just pulled the window I want to the front of the visible stack. I'm already holding the damned thing's titlebar on most occasions. Why not shake it to clean up the mess?:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version