ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Check&Get or Power Favorites or Linkman

<< < (2/3) > >>

J-Mac:
I have Linkman also, but to be honest I mostly use Delicious now.

Linkman is pretty good, but I found their support to be substandard. E.g., I sent support emails to them in May 2008 were did not receive a reply until August 28! And then the reply in August simply said "A screenshot is worth 1000 words". I was less than impressed.

Jim

hkay:
Just wanted to give an update - i installed Check & Get, link commander and linkman.  Check & Get is definitely not a true bookmark manager (that is how i felt).  Link commander was very impressive to me - liked the screen and the layout.  I have not explored much but between link commander and linkman i found a key difference in the search capabilities.

For eg., i would be able to search for "go and eng" which will dish out google engine (whether these are part of the folder or contents) but i did not find this in Link Commander.  Has anyone compared the search capabilities between the two?  Are there any other key points of difference?

Thanks

iphigenie:
Link commander and linkman were my favorites when I tested them

I liked linkman's small bar for access, but for adding and managing I preferred link commander.

I have emailed resort labs and they have assured me that they were planning to release an update supporting chrome, and fixing one issue i had on the sync for opera bookmarks - but i haven't seen anything. So at the moment I am on wait-and-see.

Outertech Support:
Linkman Pro 7.80 is out:

<ul><li>Added more Buttons to Firefox integration</li>
<li>Improved Printing: QueryPrint, Userdef fields, configurable margins</li>
<li>Query option to search for whole words only (default off)</li>
<li>Query option to autocomplete search terms (default off)</li>
<li>Added date support to Powermarks import</li>
<li>Query results can be exported using Templates (Pro version only)</li>
<li>Added <PARENT.KEYWORDS> and <PARENT.COMMENT> Tags to Export Templates (Pro version only)</li>
<li>Increased the size of keywords edit area in URL properties window</li>
<li>Ascending/Descending option in Autosort</li>
<li>When adding URLs you get the option to edit a URL if it already exists</li>
<li>Query Results font is now configurable (Tools | Settings | Interface)</li>
<li>Added more URL Launch options to context menus</li>
<li>If Linkman is hidden "Add and Edit to Linkman" will restore focus back to browser</li>
<li>New option to add browser links to the top of the database (Tools | Settings | Receive URLs)</li>
<li>Tools | Settings | Interface | Show Treeview lines turns also Query Results lines on/off</li></ul>Shareware Version:

Web: http://linkman.outertech.com
Download: http://www.outertech.com/files/linkman.exe

Tutorial video: http://linkmanvideo.outertech.com

Freeware version will follow within this month (Linkman Free 7.71 will be replaced by Linkman Lite 7.80).

J-Mac:
Linkman Pro 7.80 is out:

((  snip  ))

-Outertech Support (March 16, 2009, 06:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Trying to drive me crazy, aren't you?! I knew I had seen this post last week and already updated. You had me checking the date and time on my computer!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version