ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best App to save whole webpage AND its linked pages?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Crush:
I don´t know wether I´ve got it from this site or another. Mine was a zip-file with no other installments. I tried it now ... it´s frightening what they did with it. The program itself is very cool.
I found a link with a pure installment like mine. I tested the ro-mirror:  WebReaper RO-Mirror

Curt:
- thanks, Crush - that was much much better! :-)

I tried to click "Register...", but nothing happened. Are there any reason to donate? Edited: I mean, will a donation make the annoying popup go away?

Crush:
There´s only an information window (no nag-screen) at the beginning for 7-8 seconds and then disappears till you restart the program next time - a direct click closes it suddenly. That´s ok for such a great freeware. A donation will not disable it.

Ehtyar:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned wget (windows only link)*cough*gui fanbois*cough* :P
It is capable of recursive retrival.
Though for the GUI fanbois, I would definately recommend HTTrack. Very impressive for FOSS.

Ehtyar.

Cuffy:
Here's a little different approach to saving web pages.
I've used HTTrack for years with good results but ran across this a few months ago and it has become indispensable.
Usually I download just the home page, or first page, of what I want to save and then go back later to get any remaining info that I want to keep. It's a simple, fast, easy way to grab something of interest!
I'm using the Lite or freeware version of Local Website Archive and seldom use HTTrack anymore. YMMV

"Local Website Archive

Local Website Archive offers a fast and easy way to store information from the web on your hard disk. Archived web pages and documents are stored in their original file format and can also be opened with associated applications or found by desktop search engines.

Local Website Archive can be used as WebSite-Watcher add-on or as stand alone program without WebSite-Watcher.

Local Website Archive is available as a professional and a freeware version."

http://www.aignes.com/download/wsasetup.exe

http://www.aignes.com/products.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version