ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Need some college advice/assistance

(1/2) > >>

Josh:
OK Folks, I am requesting your assistance again. My wife wants to start taking some college classes however we are both unsure which degree to go for. So, I am turning to the community which would have a good idea as to which degree would best be suited for her.

Right now, she is gaining a very deep appreciation for digital image editing and manipulation which has led me to purchase her a copy of Photoshop CS4 Extended Edition. Now, she is into photography (taking pictures) and modifying them when appropriate. I am looking for a degree plan which would help her focus on these interests and teach her more about various aspects of each.

What degree path would you, the community, recommend which can be done online? I was thinking something along the lines of digital graphics or graphics design but I am having a hard time deciphering what each entails.

Thoughts?

cmpm:
Web site designing would be a thought.

There's plenty of standard issue designs with hosts.
But there are many that want unique web sites.

I've never done it but I have a friend who uses photoshop for this purpose. Designing the graphics in the site.

Josh:
I've never thought of web design but I am unsure if she would like that. If she could do strictly graphics I bet she would like it.

I will hit her up with that idea and see what she says.

BTW, mouser is forbidden from responding due to his notorious history with post-high school education. If you want the full story, join us in the Donationcoder.com chat room and I will explain. Ask for Josh :)

mahesh2k:
These are some of the Universities/Colleges that offer Online courses in Graphic design :

- Berks Technical Institute
- Bradford School
- Computer Career Institute at Johns Hopkins University
- Western Career College
- Hesser College

I think there are many other options as well,so i think you need to ask more people about this

mouser:
it might depend on what kind of job she wants to purse with her new skills..
one direction might be advertising/marketing.  another might be photojournalism, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version