ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Amazing games from coder Kenta Cho

(1/1)

Edvard:
Browsing through my Xubuntu repositories, I kept seeing games written by this guy, so I decided to try a few of his games.
Amazing! Fast-paced with solid game play and flipped out graphics. Lots of Windows versions too.
Check it out:
from Wikipedia
ABA Games is a Japanese creator of freeware video games run by Kenta Cho. Cho is most famous for his shoot 'em ups, mostly featuring abstract reinterpretations of retro classics with each game having a specific unique feature and using randomly generated levels. He also created BulletML, a custom markup language for defining 2D shooter firing patterns, which has been used in a variety of games. Most of his games were written in the D programming language and use Simple DirectMedia Layer for graphics.

Macworld described Kenta Cho as one of today’s best independent game programmers.

--- End quote ---

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/index_e.html

Pictured are my two current favorites, Mu-cade and Torus Trooper.

w00t!! MOer sp33d!!

mouser:
cool stuff.  :up:

lanux128:
Kenta Cho's games are very cool! i used to play Torus Trooper a lot a couple of years back. :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
I never really cared much about Shmups (shoot 'em ups) so I kind of ignored this thread when it originally surfaced. But I just tried out Kenta Cho's PARSEC47. I was hoping it was a remake of a shmup I loved as a youngling on our TI-99 called Parsec.

Parsec on the TI-99
But anyway, back to Kenta Cho's PARSEC47. I only played it for about 15 minutes but it was pretty fun. Here's a screen shot of it:

Kenta Cho's PARSEC47
I'm going to check out more of Kenta Cho's games now. :Thmbsup: Thanks for bringing this guy to my attention, Edvard!

Edvard:
You're welcome!
I had almost forgotten about these games and seeing this reply prompted me to fire them up again.
Thanks to you, Deozaan! :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version