ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Tagging Files (Tag Everything)

(1/6) > >>

Armando:
Excellent letter, mouser and Darwin.  :up:

And lastly, a note about the differences between Find and Run Robot (FARR) and LaunchBar Commander (LBC).  .....  Personally I use both -- LBC for my more common programs, and then FARR for the less common ones.-mouser (November 04, 2008, 03:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

:D - just goes to show how different we are, as people. I might wanted to say the exact opposite: FARR for everyday used programs, because those names I can remember, and LBC for the seldom used ones, because these names I most likely have forgotten. Anyway, as it happens I can't remember any names at all ~ I am not a 'keyboard maniac' ~ therefore: Congratulations to mouser on the major update of LauncBar Commander.   :)
-Curt (November 05, 2008, 04:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is quite tangential, but what you could do, Curt, is to "tag" any program shortcuts (ie : add extra terms to the shortcut name)... especially those programs you use only once in a while. I've been using this technique for a while and I always find rapidly what I'm looking for, even if I don't remember the exact program name. eg : "Gimp +photo image drawing painting photoshop+.lnk". (these are not the tags I use, but... it should work too.)

Curt:
- hmm..., Armando, you really could have told me this yesterday, couldn't you! Yes, you actually did, but I didn't read it until 'today', did I... I would like to say 'words' *#�§*! right now!! ;D
----------------

I never knew this can be done. Thanks for telling!  :up:

----------------
Edited:
homepage is http://www.popularproductivity.com/tag-everything.html

Edit2:
$11.98Yes, you still can purchase "Tag Everything" for $12.
Follow this URL to get to Order Page:
https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?contractId=1941028

And use this coupon code to get a discount:
BITSDUJOUR
One license is for one computer only
- but for how long?

Curt:
brand new and free, using drag&drop: TaggedFrog from http://lunarfrog.com/

TaggedFrog for Windows
Feel the power of tags. It's free!

We all know about the tags and use them every day - they are everywhere on the Web. These short words make life easier – so, why not to use this concept on our personal computers?

Based on the convenient drag’n’drop technique, TaggedFrog allows you to organize your files, documents and Web links. Just add objects to the library and tag them with any keywords. That’s it. You can forget the file name or where the file is located, but don't worry - the tags will find the file for you.

You can tag Web links, Microsoft Office documents, PDF documents and images. In fact, you can tag any kind of file. And if you wish, you can tag each and every file on your hard drive!

TaggedFrog application is free and is available right now. With TaggedFrog you can tag everything!
--- End quote ---

fenixproductions:
It reminds me about some app I've abandoned more than 2 years ago due the lack of time for development.

SpoilerScreenshot for one of the first builds...

Nice idea after all.

kartal:
Not very stable.

brand new and free, using drag&drop: TaggedFrog from http://lunarfrog.com/

TaggedFrog for Windows
Feel the power of tags. It's free!

(see attachment in previous post)

We all know about the tags and use them every day - they are everywhere on the Web. These short words make life easier – so, why not to use this concept on our personal computers?

Based on the convenient drag’n’drop technique, TaggedFrog allows you to organize your files, documents and Web links. Just add objects to the library and tag them with any keywords. That’s it. You can forget the file name or where the file is located, but don't worry - the tags will find the file for you.

You can tag Web links, Microsoft Office documents, PDF documents and images. In fact, you can tag any kind of file. And if you wish, you can tag each and every file on your hard drive!

TaggedFrog application is free and is available right now. With TaggedFrog you can tag everything!
--- End quote ---
-Curt (January 22, 2009, 08:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version