ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Problem with Custom Desktop Logo

(1/1)

ebs:
I just installed v2.2.0 of Custom Desktop Logo on an older Toshiba notebook with nVidia GeForce4 420 Go graphics.

Everything works great, as long as I don't bring up the settings window. Even if I don't change any settings, when I minimize the window, the logo area becomes completely white, like this:

If I exit and restart the program, the logo is displayed correctly.
Could this be a bug, or maybe due to my old graphics hardware?

Regards,
Eric

VideoInPicture:
That is a weird bug. I haven't seem Custom Desktop Logo do that on either Windows Vista or XP even when I open and close the settings windows. It should be independent of your hardware because Custom Desktop Logo uses the .Net Framework. Perhaps you have a blank image in the same folder as the image you want to display?

ebs:
Perhaps you have a blank image in the same folder as the image you want to display?
-VideoInPicture (November 12, 2008, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope, just the one image. This happens with all of the supplied images, too, and only after the settings window is displayed.
If I run the program without showing the settings window, everything works perfectly.

Regards,
Eric

VideoInPicture:
Hmm, what happens if you minimize the Settings Panel and then right-click the tray icon and toggle the visibility of the logo?

ebs:
Hmm, what happens if you minimize the Settings Panel and then right-click the tray icon and toggle the visibility of the logo?
-VideoInPicture (November 12, 2008, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hiding the logo works as expected, but restoring it still shows the empty white rectangle.

Regards,
Eric

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version