ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I am looking for an messaging client that can send emails

(1/2) > >>

kartal:
Hi

I am looking for a messaging client that can handle multiple protocols. But the main thing I am looking for is something like writing a message but the message will be email to the user via given smtp server. I know I can use my email client. But I would like my email client to only handle important emails. Also I do not want to type names, sometimes I need to send very short messages-emails. Also many times most people do not use messaging clients, this should fill the vacuum for me

thanks

lanux128:
Miranda can do this, with a SMTP plugin.

kartal:
Yeah I know that one, but problem is that if the user is offline and if you turned on "hide offline users) it makes it rather useless because first you need to find the person to send.

MikeMcLoughlin:
Have a look at POPPeeper - I think it might do what you want and it's free.

POPPeeper

kartal:
Mike, I already use poppeeper :) I am looking for a solution that mixes messaging and emailing.

I also have a FARR alias that lets me send emails on the fly :) (without opening thunderbird or outlook). I am looking for more eloborate solutions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version