ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Excel help: Showing multiple, seperate ranges on top of one another

<< < (2/3) > >>

Darwin:
Here Spreadsheet Assistant is:

Excel help:  Showing multiple, seperate ranges on top of one another

You can see the combined result in the background... bit of a rush job on my part - off to dinner!

Target:
looks like one answer is paste special - copy the records in the first sheet then go to the target sheet and do paste special .  There's a LINKS button at the bottom left of the dialog box

obviously this is a manual process, and you'll need to do it for each sheet in the book, but it should get you started...

One potential issue is if the number of records within each sheet increases then those changes won't be reflected (if it decreases you will get blanks...)  

superboyac:
Is there a way to use pivot tables to take all different named ranges and combine them all into on pivot table?  I assume it would use the "consolidate multiple ranges" in the pivot table options.  However, is there a way to set up pivot tables so that they don't do any kind of calculations on the data (like sum, count, average, etc.) but instead, just lists the contents of the data?

city_zen:
Is there a way to use pivot tables to take all different named ranges and combine them all into on pivot table?  I assume it would use the "consolidate multiple ranges" in the pivot table options.  However, is there a way to set up pivot tables so that they don't do any kind of calculations on the data (like sum, count, average, etc.) but instead, just lists the contents of the data?
-superboyac (November 10, 2008, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure if this is what you want to accomplish, but this page looks relevant. As an alternative method, they suggest using MS Query to combine multiple named ranges from an Excel file.

superboyac:
One more question if anyone can help:
I have a named range, called "vh".  The named range itself is a dynamic range, using a formula like this:

--- ---=OFFSET('Vahik Haddadian'!$A$2,0,0,COUNTA('Vahik Haddadian'!$A:$A),5)Now, I want to reference individual cells in this named range using the Index function, like:

--- ---=INDEX(vh,1,1)And that works fine.

However, in that index function, I want to generate the "vh" part using a reference instead of directly typing it in:

--- ---=INDEX(G2,1,1) where G2 is the cell whose content is "vh".
The problem is that when the "vh" argument is referenced, it doesn't work properly.  Only when "vh" is directly typed does it work properly.  Can anyone help me figure out why?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version