ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Global Hotkey Management

(1/4) > >>

MerleOne:
I'd like to have some kind of utility that would tell me which hotkeys are currently assigned on my XP system, so I could avoid conflicts between different applications.  Thanks !

ewemoa:
That makes two of us...but is it possible?

jgpaiva:
Here's a similar request. I'm also pretty sure there's other threads similar (something about "cheat sheets", I think).
So.. No, you're not th eonly one looking for such thing :)

tranglos:
I'd like to have some kind of utility that would tell me which hotkeys are currently assigned on my XP system, so I could avoid conflicts between different applications.  Thanks !
-MerleOne (November 06, 2008, 06:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

As far as I know, it is possible to check programmatically whether a particular hotkey is assigned only by trying to register it (and getting an error value in return, if the hotkey is already taken). This can be done. However, I don't think Windows will tell you which process has a hold on any particular hotkey.

SleepingWolf:
Would it be possible as a programmer to "try a given hotkey" and see which programs/ processes "respond" to it? Something like FileMon but more like KeyMon?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version