ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

JustToDoIt - Fast ToDo lister

<< < (4/7) > >>

Trelligan:
Excellent little utility, just what I need to get my procrastination down to where I don't trip over it all the time.

Dormouse:
I'm thinking about how to show multiple lists too or some way of being able to seperate multiple projects. Maybe it could recognise <project>: task formatted tasks and generate tabs or a menu of some kind, keeping the speedy input/overviews.

project a: example task
project b: some other task

this could result in a tasklist per project.
-justice (November 12, 2008, 08:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't this what we have, more or less. Multiple instances give multiple lists.

Simplicity is good, portability is good.
Showing more than one list at a time would also be good (ie potential for multiple panes); also potential to set background color for each list (so I know immediately which list is which).

I find multiple lists easier than setting projects.
Phone calls to make;
things I've just thought I must do in a minute;
letters to write;
etc
Anything complex and I would use a much more complex program, but I don't want a much more complex program for very simple things I expect to do very soon.

This can also be used as a simple checkbox template; one instance per task; at end, save completed tasks under the task name.

Also a very quick way of making a test list into a checkbox list.

Dormouse:
Also seems to me that putting items straight into the text file (either writing or cutting/pasting - especially from a clipboard manager) is the fastest way of doing this in bulk.
This is a major improvement over the tedious large boxes that need completion in most todo apps.

Dormouse:
Would also be cool if there were options for the CompletedTasks:-

* them all to have a time/date stamp when completed
* for them to be struck through when completed (makes it more obvious that it is the completed list being looked at, but possibly less easy to read)

justice:
Thanks for your comments Dormouse will be looked at in time for an update in the new year!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version