ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help me build my new Home Theater PC

<< < (14/14)

4wd:
I actually just put together a build to replace my EPIA system and it would be quite capable of functioning as a HTPC.

Silverstone SUGO SG05 Mini-ITX case (it'll take a dual slot gfx card if necessary): AU$115
ZOTAC GeForce 8200 ITX WiFi: AU$163
Coolermaster GeminiII CPU Cooler (no fans): AU$59
Thermaltake 12cm ISGC fan (replaced the SG05 case fan): AU$20

I got the AMD based board because I already had a CPU & RAM lying around from my main machine rebuild: Athlon 7750 BE + 4GB DDR2.

The only reason it's running the 7750, (95W) is because the Athlon II 235e, (45W), hadn't hit the shelf by the time I left Australia in February.

The machine is used for usenet downloading, bittorrent and DVB-T recording.

HDD: WD750GB GP 3.5" for OS + downloads and a WD160GB Scorpio 2.5" for TV programs, (I don't record much and all recordings are transferred to my main machine for editing/writing etc).
ODD: Optiarc 7540A DVD Writer.

It's ended up as a nice, small, quiet and fast machine, the board I have doesn't have a PCIe x16 slot which is fine, the onboard graphics are good for my use and I'll be installing a twin DVB-T tuner card in the PCIe x1 slot so I can use the USB twin tuner with my laptop.

You can get an idea of what it looks like here, (with the exception of the gfx card of course).

Next build I think I'll use the same case but go for the i3/i5 version of the motherboard and a Radeon gfx card for a lightweight LAN gaming machine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version