ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Tech News Weekly: Edition 44

<< < (3/5) > >>

mouser:
great stuff.
small bug: clicking on the links now serves no purpose.

tomos:
Thanks guys :) Sometimes I do go a little off-track indeed, I just thought it was interesting and worthy of inclusion. Actually, what does everyone think about those slightly off-topic articles?
-Ehtyar (October 30, 2008, 07:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I edited my post for clarity ..
was a bit confused for a moment as to why analysing hash[-ish] would be a "search" (and what that had to do with tech :D)-tomos (October 30, 2008, 06:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
i.e.
I wasnt saying it off-topic at all (personally I dont mind/enjoy off-topic anyways)

jgpaiva:
On 10:Windows 7's Streamlined UAC
YAY!! I'm glad to know they're trying to improve it. Unfortunatelly, I still don't see anything like the "allow this program to have always admin privileges without asking me" option. That means I won't get warnings for stuff I do with explorer.exe, but I get with XYplorer :(

f0dder:
On 10:Windows 7's Streamlined UAC
YAY!! I'm glad to know they're trying to improve it. Unfortunatelly, I still don't see anything like the "allow this program to have always admin privileges without asking me" option. That means I won't get warnings for stuff I do with explorer.exe, but I get with XYplorer :(-jgpaiva (October 31, 2008, 05:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
That would be a glaring security hole - see my comments in the NortonUAC thread(s).

Unless XYplorer is shoddily coded, you should get the same warnings/elevations in that as you do in explorer.

housetier:
yay thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version