ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help me with MS Word styles

(1/14) > >>

superboyac:
I don't understand how to use Word styles well (Word 2003):

I'm trying to create a list type styles, and I can get things set up as far as if I want a numbered style or bullet style or no symbol (just appropriate indentations).  However, I can't get any kind of formatting to work with my list styles.  I create a new list style, I set all the formatting as far as bold, underline, etc.  But when I select a group of text and apply the style, none of the formatting change.  The only change that happens is the proper indentations and stuff.  How to I get the formatting to automatically apply?  Even when I go back to modify the style, I see that all the formatting is shown properly, but it never ever gets applied to the actual text when you apply the style.  This has been frustrating me for weeks.

yksyks:
The formatting of list styles applies to the list paragraph numbering and indentation only. The body of the paragraph retains the formatting of the paragraph style applied previously.

superboyac:
So are you saying there's no way to format the list with indentations, numbering, and formatting all in one click of a style?

superboyac:
The formatting of list styles applies to the list paragraph numbering and indentation only. The body of the paragraph retains the formatting of the paragraph style applied previously.
-yksyks (October 22, 2008, 02:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
If what you say is true, then why in the world would Word include the options to format the text with all the options shown in the screenshot?  That's what puzzles me.  I'm not understanding this at all.

Carol Haynes:
I don't use Word 2003 any more but Word 2007 certainly supports 1-click list formatting.

For example:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version