ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ZoneScreen: Expand your desktop on the network

<< < (3/3)

kartal:
too bad 64bit downlkoad is broken :(

jgpaiva:
too bad 64bit downlkoad is broken :(
-kartal (July 15, 2008, 01:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I noticed that too. Only the xp 32bit version link works. And that version doesn't work in vista 64 :(

kartal:
64bit version is up. It works amazingly great!!!!!!!

http://zoneos.com/zonescreen.htm

jgpaiva:
 :huh: ZoneScreen is back! yay!!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
Thanks for the heads up, kartal :)

Jimdoria:
I've used Synergy, Win2VNC and also purchased MaxiVista. I'll have to try this out and see how it compares.

2stepsback, I'm wondering where you are looking for KVM switches, though, that you find them too expensive. You can get a decent one for 2 boxen in the $30 range, or even less, especially on ebay. Software is nice, but for just switching two PCs between 1 kb/mouse, it's hard to beat hardware.
* Transitions are nearly instant.
* There's no performance compromise. Sending video over ethernet almost always requires some kind of trade-off - color reduction, lag time, etc. Plus whatever it's doing to your network bandwidth.
* There are no glitches/crashes/incompatibilities to worry about
* You can always control either machine - even at boot time before the OS loads, which I sometimes find to be critical. I bought a little 2 PC KVM with a USB port for around $20 if I remember correctly, and it's turned out to be one of the most useful pieces of kit I own.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version